Three platforms united by the same common file systemIn a time when your business and data needs are constantly changing, finding intelligently designed data storage built for optimization is crucial. Dell storage and the Dell Fluid Data architecture is designed to intelligently optimize data everywhere, helping put the right data in the right place at the right time –for the right cost. Part of the Fluid Data architecture, the Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS) now delivers block and file capabilities on a single platform to help you more efficiently manage and grow your storage environment as business needs arise. While previously only available on the Dell PowerVault and EqualLogic platforms, the FluidFS is now available on the new Dell Compellent FS8600 NAS, giving all three product families a common, high availability hardware design. Unlike traditional storage architectures, Dell unified storage offerings scale to meet both capacity and performance needs non-disruptively and without the interruption of forklift upgrades.
How can the Dell FluidFS technology further benefit you?
- Avoid architectural limits of traditional file servers or all-in-one controllers
- Ensure efficiency by leveraging a shared infrastructure for block and file data
- Deliver a highly-available solution with consistency across Dell storage platforms
- Enable disaster recovery strategy through Fluid File System-level snapshots and replication
- Maintain data integrity with cache mirroring and file metadata protection