Power your workloads with uncompromising densityWith 2U performance packed into a compact 1U chassis, the PowerEdge R630 two-socket rack server delivers uncompromising density and productivity. Part of the 13th generation of PowerEdge servers, the R630 is ideal for virtualization, driving large business applications or running transactional databases.
Drive dense database solutions
- Accelerate in-memory online analytical processing (OLAP) with up to 24 DIMMs of DDR4 RAM, providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth.
- Increase the number of transactions per second for online transaction processing (OLTP) databases with 12Gb PowerEdge RAID controllers (PERC9) that feature double the throughput performance and cache of previous-generation controllers.
- Efficiently drive workloads with high concurrent usage and frequent random access to all tables, payloads and log files using the R630 with an all-flash SSD configuration.
- Dramatically reduce storage latency with Express Flash PCIe SSDs and support for optional Dell Fluid Cache for SAN and SanDisk DAS Cache application acceleration technology.
Power communication and collaborationThe R630 features the flexible storage capacity and high-density processing that is crucial to superior IO performance in Exchange and SharePoint applications.
- Speed your workload deployment with Dell’s expanding out-of-box template library for Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, UC&C and SQL configurations.
- Improve virtual machine (VM) performance, including better response times for more concurrent users, with fast DDR4 memory and the increased processing cycles and threads of the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family.
Ensure continuous accessThe R630 can be easily configured as a reliable, general-purpose server for business-critical applications, with automated management and high-availability features, such as:
- Redundant power supply units (PSUs)
- Hot-plug and swappable PSUs, HDDs and fans
- Dual SD card option for failsafe hypervisors