- Word 2016 co-editing with chat: Office 2016 adds this ability to Word and integrates Skype video chats.
- Works with Macs: Office 2016 works with Windows 7, 8 and 10, and is available for Mac for Office 365 users.
- All in cloud: Microsoft continues to promote Office 365 as a more complete set of Microsoft products than non-cloud Office 2016. Storing documents in the cloud and sharing them across devices becomes virtually seamless. This makes it easy to invite others to view and edit the same documents. A share button sits on the right side of the toolbar in the major desktop apps: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Custom user groups any user can create: In Outlook 2016 organizational users can create their own custom groups and invite people to those groups. When you select a group you can see a list of conversations from members and you can also view a shared calendar for the group, a directory of OneDrive files and OneNote notebook. After accepting your invitation members can also add people to the group.
- Improved security: Office 2016 develops security with Data Loss Prevention, Multifactor authentication and more secure content sharing in Enterprise Data Protection on mobile devices used outside the corporate network.
- Enhanced productivity: Microsoft is emphasizing productivity over technicality. Solutions focus on what things do rather than how they work. An ongoing cultural change in IT initiated by domestic technology. Business productivity is not obviously best reviewed by technical IT teams who traditionally focus on how devices work and how they can be measured.
System Architects Inc.